EXTRA CREDIT WORK
Done with your work? Bored? Sleepy?
*Extra credit work can NOT be done in lieu of daily classwork. All classwork assignments must be completed prior to completing an extra credit assignment.
1. BCIS Late/Make Up Work. Check the 6 Week gradesheet for any work that is unfinished and/or not done. Complete the work and turn it in before the end of each six weeks.
2. Career Cruising. Create a Portfolio, Matchmaker, Review Careers, Schools, Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Resume Builder.
3. Million Word Challenge. Read a million words or 25 books. Check out a book from the Library Media Center. Document your books on a reading log (create your own) which will be kept in your BUSIM 1 binder.
4. Current Technology Events. Log on to http://www.dallasnews.com/. Click Business. Click Person Technology. Choose an article to read and type a 1 page summary of the article. State the main point. Emphasize the main stages. State the article’s conclusion. Summarize the article. Print a copy of the article to turn in with your summarization.
5. Journal Writing. Write about your accomplishments towards your goal for the world, your family, yourself and your school. Below is a goal-setting template that you can write about in your journal to piece your goals together:
a. I will ____________by____________(day, month, year)
b. What will I miss out on if I don’t follow through and make a full commitment to my goal?
c. If I reach this goal, my life will be better because……
d. What steps should I take or what habits should I create to achieve my goal faster and easier?
e. What is one action I can take today that will bring me closer to achieving my goal?
6. Complete work from another class. Enhance your class projects using Power Point, Word and Desktop Publisher. Print a rough draft and turn in for an extra credit grade. You may also complete work that you forgot to take home for homework.
7. Blog your thoughts for the day in class. Go to http://www.blogger.com/. Sign up and begin blogging. Here are a few questions to answer as you are blogging daily:
Today, ( learned about _____(specific content knowledgte) and how to_____.
I think that ____ because in the text on page ___ it says, "_____."
I think what you said is _____ is that what you meant?
This (learning) is important because _____, and I can use it when I _____.
When I was working on the problem, first I ____, then I _____, next I _____.
To summarize what _______said __________.
* All of your blogs will be due at the end of the six weeks for your extra credit grade. You must have at least 20 different blog entries on different days in order to receive extra credit points. Happy blogging!!
*If you have any ideas for extra credit work please submit your suggestions to your teacher on notebook paper and hand it to your teacher. Thanks in advance!